Wednesday 23 January 2008

Visa geezer

He's all ours. Deal inked today. It appears that the Fulham FC site seems to have had a nervous breakdown, so don't go searching for the mo.

Is this man the answer? Hopefully we'll find out at Bolton.

A little more from Roymond on Fast Eddie from Fulham FC

"I have made no secret of the fact that I believe the squad lacks a certain balance in specific areas of the team and following the loss of Brian McBride to injury, this is true of our strike force.
"At 6’1'' inches tall Eddie has the presence that will complement the other forwards within our squad and he has the ability to offer us another dimension to our attacking play. I am delighted that he has joined us and am grateful to the representatives from the Home Office for granting him the work permit which will enable him to play for us as soon as possible."

Speculation over.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Johnson has signed:

http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2008/January/JohnsonSigns.aspx

Jason Gatties said...

I'm very happy about this news!

Great blog by the way, I found the link at CCN.

I run two blogs that cover Fulham. http://trygol.wordpress.com (Try Gol) and http://www.oleole.com/blogs/jasons-cottage

I'll add your link to both of my "blog rolls".

COYW!

Anonymous said...

I hope the EJ we get for the rest of the season is the good Eddie -- the one who is aggressive and scores goals -- as opposed to the bad Eddie -- who pouts and underperforms.

If there was one EPL forward I'd compare him to in talent, pace, temprement, and dependability, it would be Collins John.

I'm comforted by the fact that Roy is smarter than me, but I'm not thrilled at this signing.

Love your blog; hope to check in now and again.

Marc Brenner said...

Thanks for the message Hatterdon. The Collins John comparison is a real worry. I was feeling quite upbeat for a moment there, but then you had to say those two words.

Jason Gatties said...

Sorry, I respect Hatterdon but he's way off. In my opinion, he is maybe compairing on bad season to Collins John.

Eddie had a great season in 2007. Everyone seems to forget that, a much better season than say Clint Dempsey had prior to him being signed to Fulham last year.

Landon Donovan gets knocked all the time much like Eddie Johnson does. It is all very undeserved in my opinion.

general125 said...

All I know is the EJ is a grown a$$ man.

Anonymous said...

Welcome aboard the Fulham blog rolls.

I agree with hatterdon, (seems I always agree with hatterdon) in his assessment of EJ, (GAM). Then again, if our Whites are relegated this year, (crossing myself), which of course I hope doesn't happen, EJ Fulham would be a good team for EJ to see if he could break into and work his way up. But in a relegation battle as we are in right now, well..I just don't see it.

Anonymous said...

Most MLS fans I've spoken to seem to think he's turned a corner in the last year or so, and his scoring record seems confirm this. Prior to that, I tended to agree with the Collins John comparison.

I did see a few US games at the Copa America last year, and I thought he looked good. He didn't get much service (US sent a very inexperienced squad), but he seemed to be working hard.